Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ice Princess


I finished another knitting pattern last night! It's called the "Ice Queen" and it's a pretty neck warmer and head protector thingy...and anyway, I love it. I haven't worked much with lace before, but I had a lot of fun with this project. I recommend starting with something small like a bookmark first, so that you get the hang of working with the yarn, and them moving on to something larger. I also highly recommend wooden needles for lace yarn-- the yarn seems to stick too much to metal needles.

The only things I majorly changed with this pattern is the beads. The pattern calls for beads through the whole piece, but I could picture them getting caught in my hair, so I left them out after the first three or four inches.

Hope you had a great Christmas!! Mine isn't over yet-- one more family member to see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment