Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Major Project: Brown Sweater

I may have told someone at one point that I was never going to knit another sweater but I guess this post means I lied! This yarn was bought from a fantastic yarn shop in Solvang for about 23$ a skein. It's a sport weight in alpaca, and I love it.

So I've started and casted on, and in the process I'm learning french knitting terms, because (and I didn't realize this when I picked the pattern) the whole thing is only in French! But armed with a French knitting dictionary and a solid set of knitting skills, I think I can make it work. Cross your fingers for me!

I'll update as I work on this one, so that you can see how it goes! Since I'll be focusing on this one, other works in progress will be set aside until it's finished (like the blanket and doilies) and I won't start any new projects till it's done. I like to work on one project at a time, so this will pretty much be my focus. I'll be starting on it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment