Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Potato Casserole

So a pretty short post this time but I wanted you to see this recipe I used for dinner the other night. As you can see, it's a fairly easy recipe, where you take these ingredients:

9 ounces cubed Cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 (2 pound) package hash brown potatoes
1 onions
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

and mix them and then take these ingredients:

2 cups cornflakes cereal
1/2 cup melted margarine

And mix them for the topping, and then cook for an hour at 350 degrees.

Simple, right? Unless you're me. Then, you forget to buy sour cream, refuse to add onion, and use 2 tablespoons of margarine instead of a half cup. Yet, the whole thing still turned out pretty good. I added a cup of milk to make up for the missing sour cream, and I'm not sure if that was necessary, and I would actually recommend using twice the butter and cornflakes I did, and maybe shredding the cheese instead of cubing it...

But all in all a successful dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment