Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Pancakes

When I was a kid I knew I disliked pancakes. They're too sweet, and they're too heavy, and I just didn't get the rave.

And then I tried them with jam instead of syrup and I realized: I dislike syrup not pancakes! Now I'm not saying you're going to lose a million pounds by replacing your syrup with jam (you'll probably gain because of all the pancakes you end up eating) but I am saying it makes for a much lighter-feeling breakfast, and that it makes me happy.

I thought of other things I plan to try; Peanut butter and jelly pancake sandwiches. Genius? Maybe. Pancakes with fruit syrup instead of maple syrup? Perhaps. Itty-bitty pancakes served with fresh fruit for a summer breakfast. Maybe yogurt as a side?

So I guess they're not as bad as I thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment