Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Pot of Gold Cookies














So get ready for one of my longest posts ever! I just really wanted you to see the whole process for these really cool Pot of Gold cookies. One of the major tips I would have for these is to do things one at a time.
    












So the first thing I did was make the cookie dough on a Thursday night. I wanted the cookies to be ready for a Saturday night party, and I wanted to give myself a lot of time, because I knew I had a busy weekend ahead. The dough only took me about a half hour to make, and then it just went in the fridge for when I was going to be ready for it!













The next day (Friday Night) my Mom and I pulled the dough out of the fridge and rolled and cut it. We had to let it sit out for about a half hour, but after that it was very easy to work with. It took us about an hour to get everything rolled and cut, and then we took a break to make dinner before taking the next step.














As the cookies came out of the oven we set them out on paper towels to cool. Since we made and ate dinner in between cooking and frosting them, we could be absolutely sure they were entirely cool before we worried about frosting.













So after dinner me and mom shared the duties of frosting and sprinkles. The frosting recipe was a lot of fun, although I did have some problems finding the meringue powder. I didn't find it at Vons, but Joann's did have it. The canister was much larger than I needed, but hopefully I'll be able to use it in other things. Instead of using the zigzag pattern the recipe recommends, Mom and I actually used a spiral. It made it a little smoother, although the frosting does spread out nicely before it dries solid.













The final step was to find a really cute tiny pot at Homegoods that I could put the cookies in to serve at the party. The cookies along weren't particularly delicious, but adding the frosting made it really yummy. I highly recommend using this recipe for some of the other ideas The Decorated Cookie mentions, or coming up with some of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment