Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ghosthunter's Beanie

This is the first project I have ever done using two strands of yarn for a pattern, and I'm kind of wishing that I had done it for myself instead of for someone else, because it's not perfect at all.

The first thing that I would have liked to know before I made this was that the strand between the patterns has to be very loose. (This can be explained better by looking at pictures of a project-- see the way the strands are loose on the inside of the bag, which the blogger is covering with cloth?). Since I didn't do mine loose enough, the cloth had puckers in it, which I didn't realize until after I had cast off (the drawbacks to knitting while distracted). I looked up solutions, and the internet kindly told me that the only way to fix the problem is to unknit and try again, which in my opinion was not an option.

So what I did instead is cut the place where the strands caused the worst pucker and then tie these ends in a series of knots before weaving them in. It's not the best solution, especially since this is supposed to be a gift for someone, but I just didn't know any other way to save the project. Hopefully my mistake helps you avoid them!

No comments:

Post a Comment