Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Park Blanket

Here's the other birthday gift I made: a waterproof park blanket for my Step Dad! The linked tutorial tells all about how to make the blanket, and here's the result:


This is the only thing I changed about the tutorial. While the designer put in a clip for her keys, I thought it would be more useful to have a zipper pocket, for a wallet, cell phone, and keys. At the same time I bought the table cloth and blanket, I also bought a cosmetic bag, and sewed it into the seam between the two layers. Simple, but very useful!


And since the whole thing can be wrapped up into a small package, it's easy to throw it into the trunk to have any time it's wanted.


I was really happy with how the blanket turned out, and with his first grandbaby on the way, I think my Step Dad will get a lot of use out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment