Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mini Photo Book

I know I'm not a kid but...sometimes I like doing things the way kids would do them :p

This album was something I put together for my Dad after I got home from visiting his family in Tennessee. It's super simple and only requires some glue, paper, photos, writing utensils, and staples.



A photo is exactly the height that fits into a standard envelope, so as long as the paper is cut to that same size, the whole thing can mail with a regular stamp. The book could be assembled beforehand, and then embellished later-- and since most photos now are digital, if the photos get ruined, no big deal.

Speaking of digital photos-- I've found that facebook is one of the best ways to keep in touch with my family. We all have accounts, and that's pretty much the way we share photos. The fact is, photos rarely get printed any more, so unless there's a way to share them electronically, all those photos you take might not get shared at all. If you're not into facebook, check out flickr instead. While you can only upload 200 for free, if you rotate the photos frequently that shouldn't be a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment