Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Menu Planner

Now that I've been to Mom's to give out birthday presents, I can talk about what I made! For Mom, I made her a menu planner. She had mentioned that she likes the way we plan our menu out every week, and it made her want to cook more. So I did some searching and I combined a couple ideas (as usual). I took the DIY to-do list idea from Giver's Log and the scribblemenu idea I found through the same blog.

I printed the menu, cut it to the size of a purchased frame, and hung it using a magnetic wreath hanger I found at Micheal's, decorated it with some kitchen stickers, and even put a magnet on a dry erase marker.

Ta da! Birthday gift!


I'm really happy with how it turned out...and I'm thinking I might have to make myself one soon!

I figured even if she didn't want to use the menu, she could put a patterned piece of cloth or paper in the frame and use it as a to-do list or a shopping list instead. Many possibilities, which is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment