Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Menu, 10/18

Happy day after Thanksgiving! I hope you're not too food-ed out, because here's the menu we made way back in October for your reading enjoyment:

Monday: Chinese food. No, I did not make Chinese, we just had leftovers in the fridge from going out one night. I have never successfully made Chinese food, just so you know. Some day I might give it a try.

Tuesday: Roasted Chicken and Veggies: More Than a Cook Book.

Wednesday: Italian Meatball sandwiches, No More Than 5 Ingredients. This is that one time where we made our own meatballs. It was so much fun :)

Thursday: Ravioli Soup from Taste of Home. I really do love my Taste of Home cookbook. It has some pretty amazing things in it.This soup actually started with store bought ravioli, and then added a tomato sauce and some yummy Parmesan on top :)

Friday: Apricot Glazed Chicken. This recipe came out of the user's manual for our crock pot. I should learn to stop using these recipes, because they never come out very good.

Saturday: Macaroni and Cheese. I made this the way my Daddy used to make it for me and my brother whenever my Mom was at school late. Every time she was gone, he would make us macaroni and cheese with peas for dinner :) Makes me smile to think about it!

Sunday: Meatloaf. We didn't really have a recipe for this one, except for a general idea of what goes into a meat loaf. So we added some bell pepper and spices and tomato-ness and baked it and it turned out pretty good, if under cooked. So we ate the cooked ends while it baked some more. And then I forgot about it and burned it to a crisp in the oven. Fun times, fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment