Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Menu!

First I have to say that today I have such a brilliant day! I got two birthday gifts made, and one wrapped (I'll share later-- I told you I'm behind!) and I got the apartment straightened and pretty, and the menu for this week written! Here it is:

Thursday: Cheeseburger Pie (Yes, I know it sounds weird, but we figured we might as well give it a try-- it's not really possible to screw up ground beef and cheese, is it?)

Friday: Apple-Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I love cooking stuffed chicken. Once we stuffed the chicken with tomatoes, spinach, and Parmesan, and that was fantastic, so I figure apple should be pretty marvelous, too.

Saturday: BBQ at my Aunt's! Fun!

Sunday: Stuffed Potatoes. This is like a baked potato, except instead of putting everything on after the potato is baked, you mix the boiled potato with everything and then spoon it back in the potato skin to bake it. We'll see...I love potato, so I'm sure I'll like this fine, but there's something kind of fun about building your own meal at the table, you know? So this might not end up being a favorite.

Monday: Sesame Shrimp Pasta. We did a shrimp dish awhile back, so we already have that, and we always have a stock of pasta. That makes this a fairly cheap dish-- all we need to buy is the sesame and veggies!

Tuesday: Rice dinner...in case we're out of leftovers by then! We take leftovers from dinner for our lunches, so we always try to have a lot of them in the fridge. When we start to run low, rice dinner is the meal we make! It makes tons of leftovers!

Wednesday: Baked chicken in Lemon and Wine. We don't cook with wine very often since it's so expensive, but occasionally we splurge-- and then you have the added bonus of a glass of wine with dinner. I'm collecting wine bottles right now for a project I have in mind (my own home-made flavored vinegars and oils, with the name of each etched into the glass) so all the bottles are on top of the fridge. It makes a nice display up there!

I like sharing menus. Last time, I even got some tips from my Mom when she noticed I was about to screw up (apparently, bbq sauce is not a good substitute for Worcestershire).

No comments:

Post a Comment