Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Fruit Cupcakes

These cupcakes are a mash-up of a bunch of different ideas I got from the internet:

1. Cherry Surprise Cupcakes from Cupcakes Take the Cake

2. How to Draw on Food tutorials from The Decorated Cookie

3. Stacked Cookie Sandwiches from The Decorated Cookie

What do you get when you smoosh together that many inspirations?


Fruit cupcakes!! First I mixed my batter (I accidentally forgot milk in my first batch, but caught it too late to do anything about it. They still tasted good though!). Then, I inserted a piece of fruit into my cupcakes. In the large one, I put in a piece of strawberry, and I did a dozen each of cherries and raspberries.





After they were cool, I wanted to frost the non-cherry ones (since the cherries have stems [and pits!] they didn't need anything else). I frosted the strawberry ones with a basic frosting and then I put "labels" on them:




Since the raspberry ones were so small, I decided to stack them before frosting them:



And then I gave them labels too!



I used a silicone mini baking tray, which is nice except it was very near impossible to get the mini cupcakes out in one piece. If you're going to use one, you almost have to use baking cups. I finally found some at Micheal's, but I never could find any at the grocery stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment