Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mini Valentine Cakes

So for Valentines Day, I wanted to make a few people things without making a huge deal of it. I love holidays, and I love excuses to make people things, but I don't like people feeling bad if they don't do something for me in return-- that's not the point!

So these mini cakes were the perfect solution. I made a Brown Velvet Cake (which is just a Red Velvet Cake without the red, with four times the cocoa powder, and a teaspoon of vanilla) and I baked it in pot pie metal tins (from the grocery store).

I wanted three cakes, so I bought six tins (three in a package, 4$ per package) and I poured the remainder of the batter in muffin tins for cupcakes. The frosting included in the recipe is fantastic, so the only other thing I changed was the addition of raspberries on the top. I felt that, since I had taken away the red from the batter, I needed to added red into the decoration.

I'm really pleased with the cakes. They're cute, they're very yummy, and they're not so huge of a gift that someone is going to feel guilty about anything. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment