Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Scrap Yarn Blanket


I think everyone should have a scrap yarn project, and this one is mine. Originally, I called this the "Wild Thing" blanket because it was the leftovers from this guy, but when I had used all my leftovers from carol, the blanket barely measured 2 ft in diameter. Since I wanted this to double as a bedspread, it's obviously not big enough, so now any time I have worsted weight yarn, I'll add it to this.

You'll notice the blanket isn't entirely flat, and that's because while I was working with this pattern, I decided that it was flawed and I knew better how to make it work...

The solution to my un-flat blanket is to give it to someone who won't care and will think it's awesome because it's not perfect...my brother! He likes that it's round, he likes that it's made out of yarn that wasn't bought for the project, and he likes that it's not flat. Perfect!

If, however, you are able to follow a pattern (unlike me) you'll end up after several months of small projects with a very cool, colorful, and one-of-a-kind piece that tells a bit of a story of your knitting history.

Very, very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment