Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Carol the Wild Thing


So you know I learned to crochet and I have finally finished my first project! Meet Carol, from this pattern. One of the few times I don't heavily alter a pattern! However, I did change the way I made horns and claws. Instead of making them with clay as suggested, I bought beads made from shell to use. That cut down the time necessary for the project, and it was one less frustration.

The only reason I needed to avoid a frustration was because the hair took ages. I put each piece of yarn on his head individually, and that looked really good, although it did take longer than I would have wanted. Next time I want to do an animal with hair, I'll have to look up other, less tedious, ways to do it.

Anyway, I do love crocheting, and I suggest if you're learning to pick a stuffed project to work on. Stuffed animals generally have all the basic stitches with none of the fancy design work, so it's the best way to learn the normal stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment