Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cup Cozy

So for my graduation present, my boss gave me a gift certificate for a local yarn shop, the Yarn Boutique. Part of what I bought is this beautiful yarn that I knew was not going to make it very far. So I decided to find a small project that I was still going to be able to use a lot. Here's what I came up with:

 

I see cup cozies a lot, and I kind of feel like they're these pointless little things...but it doesn't change the fact that I love mine! It's something pretty that I get to see every day, and it reminds me of my friend back in Southern California (which is great).

I pretty much followed the pattern, except that instead of doing yarn over button holes, I made i-cord button loops instead. I should have stopped about an inch shorter than I did, because the loops kind of made it too big, which means it fits my biggest mugs (which was the point) but falls off my smallest ones. I'm thinking maybe I should make a few more... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment