Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Teff Flour

Teff is really great stuff. "Teff flour is made from the grain teff, and is of considerable importance in eastern Africa (particularly around the horn of Africa). Notably, it is the chief ingredient in the bread injera, an important component of Ethiopian cuisine" source. It's a pretty healthy flour, and I bought some to try to make injera.


And when I realized that making injera isn't something I wanted to spend a lot of time doing, I tucked the flour away and forgot about it.


Until I recently wanted to bake some bread (because baking bread is fun) and found the little bag of teff flour in the back of my pantry.


I substituted 1/4 cup of teff flour for 1 cup of wheat flour in the recipe, and the bread was delicious.









No comments:

Post a Comment